Transformation is mentioned almost all the time in retail at present. Everyone seems to be talking about it. But what are we actually talking about?
Remember to subscribe to the podcast which will help you not to miss some of the exciting episodes I’ve got planned for you.
In this episode, find out:
- Why robots in disguise actually capture it all pretty well.
- Why you need to identify your biggest problem – and what you need to do once you have this.
- A simple way to help other people understand your goal.
- How the different transformation can divide to 6 different types.
- Why I don’t use the term digital transformation.
In fact, if you’ve listened to the show, you’ll know what I mean. Here are those 6 again.
- Customer – transforming how you connect to customers.
- Brand – transforming what your business stands for and what it values.
- Channel – transforming how purchase and fulfilment paths.
- People – transforming how you engage with your people – and vice versa.
- Process – transforming your key procedures and policies to improve your operating model.
- Systems – transforming the IT and technology that often forms the backbone.
Check out the videos below to find out more about some of the examples I gave. Add a comment below – which is your favourite? Or do you have other great examples of transformation (feel free to add a YouTube video link) then please suggest that too!
One more thing – have you downloaded my Transformation Trifecta yet? You should see a pop up for it. In the Transformation Trifecta, you can find out about the 3 critical elements – any of which could cause your transformation to come crashing down. Get your free copy, including the checklists for how to monitor the most common pitfalls. Plus, what actions you can take to overcome the challenges.
Connect with Oliver Banks
Are we connected on LinkedIn already? If not, please do reach out and let me know that you’re a listener. Here’s the link to my profile.
Resources referenced in the show
Burberry went back to its roots and heritage to kick start their transformation.
The cashier-less Amazon Go concept which uses cameras and other sensors to help simplify the checkout process for customers.
Ocado’s automated warehouse uses a horde of robots to pick and pack its customers’ grocery deliveries.