Retail can be complex and complicated, we do also have a tendency to overcomplicate. So in the face of volatility and periods of radical change, it’s important to focus on essential aspects. The host of the Retail Transformation Show, Oliver Banks, attended Retail Week Live 2022 to learn from retailers and experts about how to navigate the turbulence. In this episode, Oliver reflects on 10 key takeaways from the event and each one can inspire you to change yourself and your organisation.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- What we often forget about delivering great service.
- The important question to ask yourself about data.
- Which technologies will transform the way we shop (and sell!).
10 key reflections from Retail Week Live 2022
- Great experience isn’t complicated, and we forget what can make it simple.
- Experience your own customer experience.
- Own the bad service and make the change.
- Recognise that you’re running your own race.
- Develop capabilities to fill gaps in your organisation.
- Identify the actions and behaviours that create your culture.
- Challenge if you are using data and insight effectively.
- Open more opportunities through partnerships and collaborations.
- Imagery and AR can deliver more personalisation.
- The industry is ready for change.
And finally, it’s good to talk! Everyone I spoke to enjoyed catching up with existing contacts plus the chance to get together and connect with other like minded people.
Retail Week Live 2023 is still in the planning but it will undoubtedly be another brilliant event.
Here are highlights from the 2 days, by Retail Week.
Subscribe to my weekly Retail Transformation Briefings
💡 Know what's new and innovative in retail.
🔭 Be informed and see who is doing what.
⭐ Get inspired with expert tips.
🔎 Level up with new insight.
Each week, I'll send you the latest news headlines and insight from the world of retail transformation. Plus, get curated suggestions of the latest insight reports and interesting conversations on social media.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Connect with Oliver Banks
Share your own reflections from the event or on the 10 takeaways from the episode. Connect with or message Oliver Banks on LinkedIn or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More episodes of the Retail Transformation Show to listen to
The reflections shared in this episode are not rocket science. They are not technically groundbreaking on paper. However, if you execute effectively, they will start an enormously positive change in your organisation. Listen to episode 184: Simple Ideas And Why We Ignore Them to discover why simple ideas are still important to listen to and action.
Next, as discussed, great service can be simple. But the true mark of great service is the memory of great service. So, check out episode 059: Creating Memorable Experiences to see how you can focus on creating memories of great service.
And finally, AR offers plenty of opportunities for the retail industry. So in episode 128: AR, VR And Retail In The Metaverse Oliver spoke to leading metaverse expert, Cathy Hackl. And so, you can listen in to hear more about the opportunities in the real world, the digital world and even out of this world!