Omnichannel retail is a big trend as consumers increasingly shift their shopping habits. But a lot of confusion exists around words like “omnichannel” and “seamless”. In turn, this can add complexity, overwhelm and friction into the customer experience. Join Oliver Banks and explore why omnichannel doesn’t need to be as complicated as it seems and how you can transform to become a better omnichannel retailer and keep it simple.
So, press play and listen to this episode of the Retail Transformation Show podcast and discover:
- What is omnichannel retail and why is it so complex.
- How to combat the complexity around omnichannel retail.
- How many channels exist in today’s modern retail language.
- And finally, why you might already be more ready for omnichannel than you realise.
The 22 different channels in modern retail
In the modern retail marketplace, there are 22 types of channel. At least!
- Own stores
- Shop in shops
- Pop ups
- Own website – both mobile and desktop
- Contact centres
- Live chat
- Social media – like Facebook and Instagram
- Content platforms – like YouTube, TikTok and blogs
- Messaging – like Texts, Messenger, WhatsApp and WeChat
- 3rd party marketplaces – like Amazon and eBay,
- Own brand marketplace
- 121 Video calls
…And whatever else evolves too.
Is there something missing – reach out and mention what’s missing. Or have a go at saying them all in one breath!!
Connect with Oliver Banks
If you’d like to share your thoughts about this episode or need some support to make sense of your omnichannel strategy, then reach out and contact Oliver directly.
Either email Oliver on: email@example.com
Or connect with him on LinkedIn.
Plus, other episodes of the podcast to listen to
Firstly, as referenced in this show, in episode 72: Being Digital vs. Doing Digital, Lee Woodard explains why being is not doing. And it ports across to being vs doing omnichannel too.
Next, listen to episode 124: How To Be A Data Driven Retailer. And in this episode, you’ll discover the 3 aspects to making more effective us of your data.
Finally, you will enjoy episode 125: 8 Factors Shaping Technology Led Transformation where Oliver Banks helps you navigate the challenging path of tech projects.